Those "BIG Feelings" with Shaila Saint

Thursday, May 27

Anger...Frustration...Sadness...Fear...Anxiety...Disappointment...

How often have we felt confused or overwhelmed by the "big feelings" either expressed by our children or that are stirred up inside us as parents? Come discuss and reflect upon the reasons behind the feelings, learn positive strategies for offering support and validation, and gain new insights into cultivating stronger emotional connections between your whole family.

Don't forget your journal/notebook and pen for writing and reflecting..

See you on Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Summers Family said...
    Dear Anonymous,

    I don't know if you will get this but I wanted to reach out just in case. I was there last week and also heard the comment from the mom who said that she never raised her voice. I don't know this woman so I can not comment if this is actually true or not. I can only speak from my own experiences and I have and probably will again raise my voice at my children. I have 3 little ones and I love them dearly. Being part of a large mom's group I can assure you that raising your voice from time to time is more the norm than not. So please don't feel like a failure - you are not! I can't imagine that anymore who would come to a parenting class after a long day would be failing at being a mom. Like most of us, you probably have "off" moments or days but the fact is you are trying to be the best you can be and that is wonderful! Learning from our experiences (both good and bad) is what it is all about.

    I'm not sure if you came to class tonight with Shaila but many of us (me especially) shared about moments we would have liked to have gone differently. I for one was not composed with my little guy today but after tonights class I feel excited and encouraged to do better tomorrow.

    I hope you have had a good week with you little one and that we will get a chance to meet at an upcoming parent talk.

    Nicole

    MAY 28, 2010 12:50 AM

    ReplyDelete